Replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence
Get a replacement provisional or full driving licence online if yours gets lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
You can contact the police if your driving licence is stolen.
- DVLA will attempt to use your passport photo for your new licence
- DVLA tell you if a suitable electronic photo is not available
What to do if you find your old licence later
- You must return your old licence to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AB
Before you start please have available
- Your driving licence number
- Your correct addresses and post codes .
- Your National Insurance number and Passport Number if you know them.
- A suitable form of payment for which you are authorised to use
And be able to confirm that
- You are a resident of Great Britain. This site services UK mainland and Northern Ireland.
- You are not be banned from driving
How long it takes
There are possible delays at DVLA processing your licence because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- No personal data is transferred to any third party other than the DVLA
- Personal data is deleted as soon as practicable following the completion of the order process.
- We are committed to upholding the security of your data.
- We use industry standard security technology and practices to safeguard your data from any unauthorised access.
- We offer a simple online friendly step by step process to replace your UK driving licence.
- Our service thoroughly checks your application for any mistakes or omissions before being processed on your behalf with the DVLA. This ensures your application is completed as quickly as possible with minimal delay.
- We are not affiliated to or with either of GOV.UK or the DVLA.
- You can change the address on your driving licence directly with the DVLA for a reduced cost without our check and process service. We charge an administration fee for our services which can be seen in our Terms and Conditions